Announcing RSFTC Campus Enhancements
February 9, 2021
Dear RSFTC Members,
I am excited to inform you that our requests to improve the club, including relocating the pickleball courts, adding patio space and creating more bench seating, were approved by the RSF Association Board on February 4, 2021. We plan to move forward with these projects as soon as possible.
There are several key areas of improvements:
- Pickleball Enclave: Our pickleball courts will be permanently moved to courts 3 and 4. Court 3 will become a dedicated pickleball court to service our growing membership. Court 4 will be a dual-use tennis and pickleball court. Together, courts 3 and 4 will become the new pickleball center.
- New Premier Courts: Courts 7 and 8 will become our new premier tennis courts. To showcase these premier courts, we will build a patio area outside of court 8 that will provide the ambiance of courts 3 and 4. We will trim the fence on the east side of court 8 to give it a more open feel and provide better views of the courts. Our goal is to give our tennis members another set of premier courts and a patio area for socializing.
- New Seating: On the west side (hillside) of court 11, we will install cement bench seating, with an awning for shade. This will provide a comfortable place for spectators to enjoy watching play on courts 11 and 12.
In the coming months we have exciting events coming our way, and with the new improvements to the club, these events are sure to be a success.
- USTA Spring League: We are looking to participate in the upcoming newly formatted USTA spring league. There are multiple divisions available, so if you're interested in captaining or playing, please notify me at John@RSFTennis.club. The format for spring play has been modified to promote safe play.
- Easter Bowl: On March 25 - 27, 2021, we will be co-hosting the nationally coveted junior "Easter Bowl" for 3 days along with the Barnes Tennis Center (main location). This will give our membership the opportunity to see some of the nation's top junior talent.
- Sprint Events: We will also be planning and releasing a schedule of fun events for the spring season that should be fun and safe for the members of our club.
The process in moving these projects forward was long, but I can't tell you how excited we are to be able to move forward and make these important improvements to our community and club. Thank you for your support and patience.