RSF Association Responds to Virus
At the Rancho Santa Fe Association, the health, safety and well-being of our members and employees is our top priority. With the news about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are carefully considering the appropriate response. The Association has been monitoring the situation in the County and has been in communications with our managers to determine how to best prepare and protect our community.
The Association has canceled group meetings, including most committee meetings, through the end of March. While the work of committees is important to our community, it does not supersede the health and safety of our volunteers, members and staff.
The Association has incorporated precautions at its various facilities, including:
- Increased disinfectant and sanitation practices, as well as use of cleaning agents known to be effective against COVID-19
- More frequent janitorial services
- Added hand washing / hand sanitizing stations
- Staff education, training and vigilance regarding employee hand washing, food handling, cleaning and separation
- Adherence to guidelines and recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control, San Diego County Health Department, World Health Organization, National Restaurant Association, ServSafe and more
- Discouragement of large group gatherings, hand-shaking and other infectious contact
- Consideration of working remotely and implementing phone or online meetings
- Encouragement and enforcement of time off for illness
While we have stepped up health and safety measures at the Association and its facilities, we expect that illness, caretaking and school closings may have an impact on operations of the Association and its Clubs. Currently, the Golf Club and restaurant, Tennis Club and Osuna Ranch remain open to members; however, that could change as we respond to changing circumstances.
RSF Tennis Club league play and social events are canceled until further notice, although lessons and clinics will continue as planned.
Rancho Santa Fe Patrol will continue to offer safety and security services, assisting members as needed.
Other Rancho Santa Fe programs and organizations have been affected by precautions over the virus. The R. Roger Rowe School will be closed beginning March 16. The RSF Library has canceled all programs in march. The RSF Community Center is postponing youth and enrichment programs. Please check directly with these and other organizations regarding their programs and offerings.